We are small . . . but great!
We are a hostel award winner. The founder and owner is a real Cangrejero (as they call Santurce natives); been born and was raised in Puerto Rico and is a resident of the Hostel’s neighborhood; Santurce. SJIHostel is a non-traditional place with a cozy atmosphere for the active and independent traveler, a place where you can have a good night’s sleep after a day of sightseeing or beach going . . . or a good afternoon nap before enjoying San Juan’s nightlife. In our existence we have hosted visitors from more than 120 countries. Many international friendships have developed here.
SJIHostel is situated in a calm street in the Santurce sector of San Juan, the capital of Puerto Rico. We can be easily reached by bus or cab from the airport. We are within walking distance to bus stops, a pharmacy, grocery stores, post office, Walmart, Walgreens, a food court, banks, hospitals, night clubs, cinemas, and museums.
Above you will find an interactive map of the area and its many attractions. For a more complete version of this map (legend included); click here.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fresh linens and towels (bath and beach), soap and shampoo
- Fully equipped kitchen with family size stove, refrigerator with freezer, coffee maker, microwave, toaster, ironing board and iron, sewing supplies, large lockers, scales for checking weight of luggage
- Pancake mix and syrup, tea and coffee – we provide the ingredients, you create the feast!
- Lively and spacious communal areas to meet other guests and make new friends
- Plenty of info on things to do and how to move around
- All our rooms are equipped with mosquito screens and we always have some repellent ready for your use
- Internet access at entire premise, two computer terminals
- Check-in is between 3.30 p.m. and 10.00 p.m.- late checkin (no extra charge) is possible; please coordinate!
- Administration of hostel is open from 10.30 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- Incoming messages will be answered during regular business hours
- For exceptional situations owner is reachable by phone 24/7
- Storage of luggage before/after check-in/check-out time is possible – please coordinate!
No illegal drugs, no visitors, no pets allowed
For guests on; “ONE DAY STAY”, or ‘ARRIVING AFTER 07 PM’; payment is to be completed (cash or online), not later than 7pm (local time), on the arrival date. Failed to comply with this, SJIHostel can not guarantee the bed (s). Electronic invoice is to be send.
- Quiet time for good sleeping between 10.00 p.m. and 7.00 a.m.
- Travelers from U.S.A. to Puerto Rico do NOT need a passport
- We keep the right of admission
Hispanic, Afro-Caribbean and North American influences mold Puerto Rico, a self-governing commonwealth that belongs to the United States. This subtropical Caribbean island is urbanized, industrialized and relatively prosperous.